Monday, January 9, 2017

Second and Last Week at MTC

This week went by so fast! Yeah, I leave on Monday and just got my itinerary. Elder Johnson (the other one in my district going to same mission), takes a later flight to Atlanta, but we will flight together to Managua.

To answer Diego's question if everyone in my district speaks Spanish or some learning: My zone is advanced Spanish so we all came to MTC on same day. All of us know Spanish basically, I mean obviously some more than others, but we don’t have class time for Spanish just doctrine and teaching. All of us leave on the 16 or 17. Both districts have gotten so close I’m going cry when we leave.

I don’t know if I told you, but I am staying in the same residence Fer stayed when he came! How cool huh. I really am enjoying it here and hope the field is better because this place sets really high expectations.

Thank you for everything you do. Thank you for writing me daily, I think my homesickness will hit me real hard when I get on that plane. But I’m really excited.

I ran into brother Halladay here. That was weird because I heard someone say Sister Cortez? And I turned around and it was him hahaha. He was working here.

What else do I do? My day basically goes wake-up, breakfast, class, lunch, gym, class, dinner, class, home, sleep. Sounds crazy boring and repetitive, but we have a good time. Right now as a district we are working on staying focused better. Because we laugh all the time and sometimes it can be a distraction.

They gave us a new schedule for this week and it’s a little different. Less time in the classroom, gym at night, and more study time.

I can’t believe this is my last week at the MTC! Crazy.

I can’t believe I’m on a mission and that it’s this much fun, I know Nicaragua isn’t going to be as luxurious as this, but hope I’m still laughing like I am here and still having a fun time.

Our teacher Brother Calder is so amazing. He is such a great teacher and changed my life.

I read Mosiah these past couple of days and I’ve never understood it so clearly. As I read it, it’s like a movie played in my head. It was awesome and it applies to what we study or what we have studied.

I don’t take many pictures, but my friends do and they will send them to me.


Love you, Hermana Cortez

(photos below Spanish version)

**********************
Semana 2 en el CCM

¡Esta semana pasó muy rápido! Sí, me voy el lunes y recién me dieron mi itinerario. El Elder Johnson (el otro en mi distrito que va a la misma misión que yo), vuela más tarde a Atlanta, pero vamos juntos en vuelo a Managua.

Para contestarle la pregunta a Diego si todos en mi distrito hablan español o están aprendiendo: Mi zona es español avanzado asique todos  vinimos al CCM juntos. Básicamente todos hablamos español, obvio algunos más que otros, pero no tenemos clases de español, solamente doctrina y enseñanza. Todos los vamos el 16 o el 17. Los dos distritos somos tan unidos que voy a llorar cuando nos vayamos.

No sé si te dije, ¡pero me estoy quedando en mismo edificio que Fer se quedó cuando estuvo acá! Realmente estoy disfrutando mi tiempo acá y espero que el campo sea mejor porque este lugar ha sido mejor de lo esperado.

Gracias por todo lo que haces. Gracias por escribirme a diario, creo que voy a extrañar cuando me suba al avión. Pero estoy muy entusiasmada.

Me enconté con el hno Halladay. Fue raro porque escuché a alguien decir ‘¿Hna Cortez?’ y me di vuelta y era él. Estaba trabajando aquí.

¿Qué más hago? Básicamente mis días van así: levantarme, desayuno, clase, almuerzo, gimnasio, clase, cena, clase, a casa, dormir. Suena súper aburrido y repetitivo, pero la pasamos bien. Ahora como distrito estamos tratando de enfocarnos mejor porque nos reímos muchas veces y eso puede ser una distracción.

Nos dieron un nuevo horario para esta semana y es un poco diferente. Menos tiempo en clase, gimnasio en la noche y más tiempo estudiando.

¡No puedo creer que esta sea mi última semana en el CCM! Loco.

No puedo creer que esté en una misión, es tan divertido. Sé que Nicaragua no va a ser tan lujoso como esto, pero espero seguir riendo y divirtiendo como acá.

Nuestro maestro Hermano Calder es increíble. Es un excelente maestro y ha cambiado mi vida.

Estos últimos días estuve leyendo Mosíah y nunca lo había entendido tan claramente. Al leerlo, era como una película en mi mente. Fue increíble y se aplica a lo que estamos estudiando o estudiamos.

No saco muchas fotos, pero mis amigos sí y me las van a mandar.


Te quiero, Hermana Cortez.



No comments:

Post a Comment