Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Arrival in Nicaragua

Finally heard from our missionary! (Still no photos, but hoping for some with Monday’s email)

I only have a few minutes to write. I arrived in Nicaragua Monday night. I am in Chinandega West area, my companion is Hermana Pacheco from Brazil. She is nice and I probably will learn some Portuguese because we have an hour of language study each day. We traveled on a bus thing at night to get here and I was sleeping the whole way. It’s about three hours from Managua.

The elders that picked me up thought I was from Honduras because of my last name (I was the only one coming from the US) and they thought I came with all the ones that came from Guatemala MTC, they all assumed hahaha. I brought too many bags! Honestly, thank goodness the elders came to help me with my ‘maletas’ (bags) or I would have died.

I miss my friends from the MTC a lot. Here is just my companion and I; there, always around all the elders and hermanas. I am sad Elder Johnson couldn’t come now too. This is so much harder, but it’s so cool. We just went and walked around and talked to so many people. Ivan’s email that I just read helped me a lot.

It is really hot, but I like it so far. There is lots of cat-calling honestly, but it’s ok. There are a lot of different words they use here. Like ‘pinche’ that is normal here, (a swear word in Mexico) I almost died when my companion said it hahahahaha. I feel like my clothes could be too fancy, but they are normal.

Don’t worry about sending packages. It is really expensive and I don’t know how long they take.

For food I had nice chicken earlier for lunch. Last night I had a salty cheese I didn’t like that mom probably would like. 

Everywhere I go I think of dad. It’s so similar to Mexico. The members remind me of dad a lot.

Wish I had more time to write, but I have to go. I will talk (write) to you on Monday. I’m just missing people right now.

Love you, Hermana Cortez.

****************

¡Finalmente sabemos de nuestra misionera! (Todavía no tenemos fotos, pero espero que el lunes cuando escriba)

Solamente tengo unos minutos para escribir. Llegué a Nicaragua el lunes por la noche. Ahora estoy en el área Chinandega Oeste, mi compañera es hermana Pacheco de Brasil. Es muy buena y probablemente voy a aprender portugués porque cada día tenemos una hora para estudiar el idioma. Viajamos en un tipo autobús acá en la noche y dormí todo el camino. Estamos a tres horas de Managua.


Los élderes que me fueron a buscar pensaron que yo era de Honduras por mi apellido (yo era la única que llegó de USA) y que había llegado con el grupo del CCM Guatemala, todos asumieron jajajaja. ¡Traje muchas valijas! Honestamente, menos mal por los élderes que me ayudaron con mis maletas o me hubiese muerto.

Extraño mucho a mis amigos del CCM. Acá somos mi compa y yo; allá, siempre estaba con los élderes y hermanas. Me da mucha lástima que el Elder Johnson no pudo venir ahora también. Esto es más difícil de lo pensado, pero muy bueno. Hoy fuimos a caminar por ahí y hablamos con muchas personas. Recién leí el email de Iván y me ayudó mucho.

Acá hace mucho calor, pero por ahora me gusta. Honestamente, muchos gritan piropos, pero está bien. Acá usan muchas palabras diferentes. Por ejemplo, ‘pinche’ es normal acá (una mala palabra mexicana) y casi me muero cuando la dijo mi compañera jajajaja. Me siento como que mi ropa va a ser muy lujosa acá, pero es normal.

No te preocupes por mandar paquetes. Es muy caro y no sé cuánto tiempo tarden.

Hoy comí un pollo rico para el almuerzo. Anoche comí un queso salado que no me gustó, pero seguro le gusta a mami. 

A todos los lugares que voy pienso en papi. Acá es tan parecido a México. Los miembros también me recuerdan mucho a papi.

Me gustaría tener más tiempo para escribir, pero me tengo que ir. Hablamos el lunes. Ahora sólo estoy extrañando mucho.

Los amo,


Hermana Cortez.

No comments:

Post a Comment