Tuesday, January 3, 2017

First Week at MTC

I don't even know what to say or how to start this!!!! 
PDAAAYYY AYYY I LOVE THE MTC! I've had such a good week honestly. The MTC is so much more than i could have ever expected. The Spirit is on another level that I have never experienced before. I've experienced so many revelations. 

My companion is Hermana Yep. She's Mexican and gets her last name from her grandpa or something that's Chinese. We get along great and she's seriously the perfect first companion. She loves so many things I do and we study really well together. 

My district, is just basically the best. Idc they're the best. I wanna tell you about all of them but I don't know how far I'd get. So our district leader is Elder Johnson he's going to NICARAGUA MANAGUA NORTH YAY. He's seriously such a great district leader and is always so kind. His companion is Elder Hawkin and he's from Chihuahua going to California somewhere. Then it's elder Rodriguez he's from Atlanta Georgia and is going to California too. And then his companion is Elder Lopez he's from Cali going to Arizona. THEN our roommates are Hermana Hernandez she's from Texas and going to the same mission as elder Rodriguez to California. Then her companion is hermana Rino and she's from Orem going to Arizona, Tempe. These hermanas and elders are seriously so great. The elders are so funny always making us laugh and the spirit they bring every single day is unreal. Its crazy how fast you learn to love here like I love them so much and they all come from very different stories and backgrounds but we're all here with the same purpose and desire and it's so great to see. 

Ok, a ver qué más. The food here is alright, there's so much of it though I'll probably gain about 4568 lbs but my skirts still fit so I'm good for now. 

For New Years like at midnight we did this really awesome thing called sleeping. It was great haha. Well it was a long long day and the rest was so needed. So here at the MTC i have an ipad so I can see whenever you send me emails and read them I just won't be able to respond until Monday! 

I love it here so much and there are some tough moments, but it's okay. I know it with all my heart this is exactly where I'm suppose to be. With these companions, this district this branch president and this MTC. This is where I desire to be and I wouldn't wanna  be anywhere else honestly. 

Yesterday was my first Sunday here and it was fast and testimony meeting. WOW. One of the best experiences I've had in my life. I can't believe how much I have learned. I feel so strong even towards the end of my fast I was feeling so good and strong. I have learned so much about Christ, the Atonement and this gospel in general. The Spirit is the greatest blessing we probably were given and I've learned how to be able to recognize it better and I love it. 

I know its only the first week but I've seen some miracles this week and it's been so good. Here it's always go go go and every moment of the day is scheduled, but it's okay, keeps us busy and focused. Like since today is pday and there's nothing really scheduled I feel so weird. 

Okay I'm probably forgetting a million things but that's all I can remember. I love you so much and am so excited for this week. 

Hermana Cortez




No comments:

Post a Comment