Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Can we just take a second! Can you believe I’ve been in Nicaragua a whole week?!

The last week in the MTC was crazy fast. Elder Neil L. Andersen came to talk to us, that was good. And then the morning of my flight of course I woke up late. But it’s okay because they drove me instead of having to take the train so it wall worked out. 

But Nicaragua! First of all I have never in my life had so much rice or beans. If you think Peruvians eat a lot of rice-WRONG. Nothing compares to here.

Also, my poor companion is so done hearing the whole my mom is from Argentina and my dad is from Mexico thing, but whatever.

My comp or Mission Mama is Hermana Pacheco. She is from Brazil! She’s really great and is teaching me many things. I’m in the Chinandega Oeste area in the Tezeoatega ward. The people here are the nicest people and there is so much work to do. Pacheco and I are working hard every day and have so many great investigators and people in the ward. We have at least two baptisms for Saturday that we have been working hard on. And Saturday will be one month out!

We had a zone meeting and this Hermana from Oregon comes in and she says to me, ‘Welcome! You are gonna love it! You are going to learn Spanish super-fast!’ and I was like ‘I hope so!’ hahahaha.

My Spanish IS getting better, even my thoughts are in Spanish now hahahaha.

We met some amazing people this week. Everyone sees us and knows who we are; everyone says hi and is just so kind.

This morning we went to the beach, by some miracle we got permission from the president and he let us go.

Lots of mosquitoes biting me, no problem it’s fine BUT there are rats in the house. I haven’t seen them, but I hear them all the time, it’s crazy.

Definitely have enough to eat. Members feed us a lot every day. Super grateful. Our zone leaders and district leaders are the best, always checking up on us and helping us. We have the iPhone 8 hahahaha.

The weather! SOOO HOT but apparently it’s winter right now and during like April is when it gets super-hot! 

I love it here so much; it’s like an unreal dream. I can’t explain how amazing it is here. I keep thinking this is a joke on how much I love it.

Everywhere I go I see papi, I just see him walking the streets and talking to everyone and I hope to be half the missionary he was.

I had lots to say but can’t remember it all. I really appreciate everyone that’s writing me, you all have no idea. I’m sorry I can’t respond to everyone.

I love you all so much! Thank you for everything.


Hermana Cortez.

(español después de fotos)








Tomemos un momento, ¡¿Pueden creer que ya tengo una semana en Nicaragua?!

La última semana en el CCM pasó súper rápido. El Elder Neil L. Andersen fue a hablarnos, eso estuvo bien. Y luego la mañana de mi vuelo por supuesto me levanté tarde. Pero está bien porque en vez de tomar el tren al aeropuerto me llevaron, asique salió todo bien. 

¡Pero Nicaragua! Primero que nada nunca en mi vida había comido tanto arroz o frijoles. Si piensan que los peruanos comen mucho arroz-ESTAN EQUIVOCADOS. Nada se compara a acá.

También, mi pobre compañera ya está cansada de escuchar la historia de que mi mamá es de Argentina y mi papá de México, pero bueno.

Mi compa o mamá de la misión es Hermana Pacheco. ¡Ella es de Brasil! Ella es muy buena y me está enseñando muchas cosas. Estoy en el área Chinandega Oeste en el barrio Tezeoatega. Acá las personas son muy buenas y tenemos mucho trabajo. Pacheco y yo trabajamos fuerte todos los días y tenemos muchos excelentes investigadores y gente en el barrio. Tenemos por lo menos dos bautismos este sábado con los que hemos estado trabajando fuerte. ¡Y el sábado va a ser un mes que estoy en la misión!

Tuvimos una reunión de zona y una hermana de Oregon se acercó a saludarme y me dijo ‘¡bienvenida, te va a encantar aquí! ¡Vas a aprender español muy rápido!’ y yo le dije ‘¡espero que sí!’ jajajaja.
Mi español SI está mejorando mucho, hasta pienso en español ahora jajaja.

Esta semana hemos conocido unas personas increíbles. Todos que nos ven saben quienes somos, nos saludan y son muy buenos.

Esta mañana fuimos a la playa. Por un milagro el presidente nos dio permiso de ir.

Me están picando mucho los mosquitos, no hay problema está bien. PERO hay ratas en la casa. No las he visto, pero las escucho todo el tiempo. Es loco.

Definitivamente tenemos suficiente para comer. Los miembros nos dan de comer mucho todos los días. Súper agradecida. Uestros líderes de zona y distrito son lo mejor, siempre se preocupan por nosotros y nos ayudan. Tenemos un iphone 8 jajajaja.

¡El clima! Tanto calor, pero aparentemente ahora es invierno y como en abril es cuando hace mucho calor. Me gusta tanto aquí, es como un sueño increíble No puedo explicar lo increíble que es aquí. Sigo pensando que es una broma de cuánto me gusta aquí.

En todas partes que voy veo a papi, lo veo caminando por las calles y hablando con todos. Espero ser la mitad de buena misionera de lo que fue él.

Tenía mucho que decir, pero no me acuerdo todo. Realmente aprecio muchísimo a todos los que me escriben, no tienen idea de cuánto. Lo siento que no pueda contestar a todos.

¡Los amo mucho a todos! Gracias por todo.

Hermana Cortez

No comments:

Post a Comment