Tuesday, February 13, 2018

November 20-26, 2017

Tuesday
Zone meeting this week was same old same old.

Today we went to an area in my area that is full of miracles. It’s just really far so we find it hard to take investigators to church. But there are lots of people that were ready for church, ready to be baptized but the missionaries never showed up again. Until now that we’re going back there. Full of miracles.

We also went with Jhonorita and Tania and they just got baptized last month. And when we were there they told us what we were going to read, who was to read what verse and after we read they explained to us what we can learn from the scriptures we read. Our converts are teaching us now and it was the sweetest moments. Those moments are some of my favorite from being here. Then after Jhonorita took us to her friend’s house but she asked for my bag and my plaque. And she went with us with my bag and plaque to her friend’s house and she just says, “someday I’ll have my own.” It was just cool to see how loud and proud she is of the decisions she’s making and how she wants to share it with everyone around her.

Wednesday
Today I got bit by every bug possible. Ever since I got to Puerto time has been going so fast. The day just flies, sometimes I feel like I missed the day, but just when we stay busy time goes so fast.

Thursday
Today was a very long day, but full of lots of miracles. This week as a zone we’ve been setting lots of goals and we’re all super excited and really seeing the miracles happen. Lots of people today accepted our message and into their homes. Crazy amount of people we invited to come to church. Anyway today is Thanksgiving. I remember a year ago I was at my uncle Diego’s house with everyone, just feeling really grateful for the amazing family I had. And today I’m still grateful for my family. But this past year I have changed completely and I’m really grateful for all the people I have met, the place I’ve been and the experiences I’ve had. One year ago I was also able to go through the temple for the first time. I got to experience a small bit of heaven. Now I wish I could go, but soon enough. I just wish I had taken advantage of having so many temples so close wish I had gone more, cause there is none here in Nicaragua and so many people wish so bad they had it closer. Anyway soon enough I’ll go again.
Today we put lights on our Christmas tree. So good. Christmas is coming! Flex!

Sunday
Super crazy week! The only thing I remember is an experience I had yesterday. Yesterday morning we we’re proselyting when we go to a man’s house to see if he was home and he wasn’t. So we start walking to the next appointment. We were passing a purple house and something told me to contact it. But in my mind I kept coming up with reasons why not to contact it. I thought oh the elders (we share the area) already contacted here, oh they’re not home, then something kept telling me to contact it and then FINALLY I told my companion ‘let’s see who lives here.’ Anyway, we found a sister pregnant and her son and we start talking to her and we start teaching and by the end her and her son accepted a baptismal date. Sweetest lady. And just 20 minutes before leaving the house we had prayed and asked to find someone ready for the gospel and someone that would accept a baptismal date. He hears our prayers and we need to hear his answers.
So many miracles that happen every day here. This past week I have been 2 months in Puerto. And Puerto has changed so many things about the missionary I am. I’m learning lots and really enjoying the work, working hard and seeing the results of hard work.
Today I got excited and really happy when I saw a brother that received the Melquisedec priesthood in a white shirt and tie. A year ago it wouldn’t have even crossed my mind.

I really do love these people. Love where I am and love what I’m doing.













No comments:

Post a Comment