Tuesday, February 13, 2018

December 11, 2017

This week went by crazy fast. It felt like just Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

On Thursday it rained hard all day, but my comp and I had rain boots and umbrellas so we didn’t get that wet.

I’m not sure if I have mentioned before brother Jonathan, I think I did. Anyway, my first week here in Puerto we met this family and the first time we met this brother he kept telling us his mom taught him how to pray and he knows the things of God and that he’s already baptized and he talked so much. He never answered our questions, he just talked and talked about all sorts of stuff. Also he has 4 kids, one 12 one 7 one 5 and one 1 years old, who are roudy and always made so much noise and commotion. Our first lesson with them we invited Jonathan to prepare for baptism and marry his wife he’d been living with for 10 years. He said why would I get married with her?! Hahaha. His wife (sister Marisol) did want to but Jonathan didn’t Any, over time we kept visiting and brother Jonathan read the pamphlet we left and started going to church. He started praying and over time you could really start to see the difference in Bro Jonathan. H started reading the Book of Mormon with the Bible and he always went to church by himself if he wasn’t working. When we shared messages in their home the kids began to sit down and not make so much noise. Anyway, after about 2 months one day we decided we were seeing a huge change in Brother Jonathan and that we should invite him to baptism. So we arrived to his house and he told us we should read 3 Nephi 27:13-22 together because one of the pamphlets said to. So I said to him, ‘since you probably don’t have much time we could start with 19’ and he tells me ‘the time doesn’t matter.’ So we read 3 nephi 27:13-22 and we invited Brother Jonathan to baptism and to get married the following week and long story short on December 8 Jonathan and Marisol were married and baptized. Presidente Poncio baptized them and it was a huge miracle. I still can’t believe it. I remember so much the first weeks we met them telling my companion ‘teaching Brother Jonathan is gonna require lots of patience on my part’ and in reality they’re a huge blessing in my life. God really does work in mysterious ways. The light of Christ changes people to be better and now since it’s Christmas time, we need to remember to share it with others. You just never really know who it’s gonna touch. Best feeling ever is being is being able to see the change in not only other people but in myself as well.

This week was also our Christmas activity, same day as baptism. This week was full of lows, but this huge miracle of Brother Jonathan was all worth it.

I love where I am and what I’m doing. This Christmas will be different, but it’ll be one I’ll never forget.

Thank you all for your prayers and love! Have a great week!




















No comments:

Post a Comment