Monday, February 12, 2018

November 13-19, 2017

Tuesday
Today we had a district meeting and when I first got to the mission, especially in the MTC I hated doing practices. But I’ve now realized how important and powerful the spirit is during practices. The other missionaries may not know the investigator we are role-playing, but they always have the perfect scripture or words to say that help that investigator. Revelation is a real thing and the spirit works through the people or ways we least expect.
We also had a cool lesson with a family where the father of the family, named Jonathan, at first was really tough and prideful. But today he helped us teach his wife about the Book of Mormon and what it was because he had actually read the introduction. Anyway it is just really cool to see the change we see in Jonathan. He goes to church by himself without us having to pick him up, he reads all we leave and the best part is how he prays in lessons. Seeing how God truly touches the heart of people at their time.

Thursday
Yesterday we had divisions, I went to another area called Bilwi and my comp stayed here in Lamlaya. So in the other area we contacted a house and they only spoke Miskito and English! Since our miskito is at a 3% the option was English. We offered a prayer in this brother’s house he said in English. So I had to do it. That prayer was 100% guided by the Spirit because all my thoughts were in Spanish and I could literally not pray in English. I struggled so hard. Well I left that house so sad and confused, literally couldn’t speak English, so sad. But that’s what happens when its Spanish 24/7, even in my thoughts. The area I was working in yesterday is close to the beach. From my chair during a lesson I could see the ocean and all the boats that were out there, so beautiful.

And today was another good day here back in my area. About a month ago on a Monday, I bought an umbrella for all the rain. So Tuesday morning I took it with me to zone meeting. And on the way home I left it in the taxi. So I bought that umbrella for nothing. So the next week I got another one. And every time I leave the house with it, it never rains! Only when I leave it home does it rain. Hahaha Someday my umbrella will feel the rain. Also had ice cream for breakfast.

Friday
Today was kind of weird. Tonight was our turn on the radio, I’m not sure if you guys were listening but I sent shout outs to you. I don’t remember much from today, hopefully this weekend we can keep seeing more miracles.

Saturday
Today was a very hot, long tiring day. We have a sister that has been preparing for her baptism. And she’s ready and excited for her big day. She lives with her 3 daughters, two of them are pregnant and the smallest one is about 2-years-old and her husband. But they live with her mother in her mother’s house. Here in Puerto Cabezas there’s a religion that’s only here, I think. This sister’s (Vanessa) mother said if she gets baptized that she would kick her out. If she got baptized she could leave. And she tried to convince her but it’s so sad, because she doesn’t have anywhere else to go, but she so badly wants to take this step in her life. We’re doing what we can to help her so we’ll see what happens. She’s really the sweetest lady. Love her.

We made ourselves a Christmas tree this morning. It’s actually so cute.

Had pizza for dinner. Tomorrow is Sunday and the day we have the most work. Sunday Funday.







No comments:

Post a Comment