Monday, April 3, 2017

General Conference

ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! General Conference is just what I needed, well what everyone needs in their life really. But I just really appreciate the fact that we get to have and listen to General Conference every 6 months. I got to listen to it in English because it was weird to me not to hear their voices, but we were watching it and listening to the hymn and the signal cut and we missed ALL of president Monson's talk and where he announced the temples and everything. The signal came back after that so that hurt my heart a little but life goes on. But conference was just so good, so many answers to so many prayers. Highly recommended to watch no matter what religion. 

So I always thought it was hot here, but this week I experienced a different kind of hot that I thought i was literally dying. I was in shock on how hot it was. You guys don't understand. And they say Semana Santa which is next week its the hottest of the year. So RIP to me. 

But I'm having so much fun! This week we're preparing for Yolis' baptism. Changes are next week so next Monday I will have new comp.



I don't have much time today and I wish I could tell you about every single conference talk, but the best way is just listen/read them!! 

I love this gospel! Everyone is welcome to come unto Christ. Through Him is how we find true happiness. Because of Him is why we can return to live with our Heavenly Father and live with our family forever. 

Hope you have an amazing week! I love being here so much and I wouldn't trade dying in the heat for anything. 

Hermana Cortez

(pictures at the end)
***
La Conferencia General era justo lo que necesitaba, Bueno en realidad lo que todos necesitan en sus vidas. Pero realmente aprecio el hecho de que tenemos y escuchamos la Conferencia General cada 6 meses. Lo pude escuchar en inglés porque era raro no escuchar sus voces, pero estábamos viendo y escuchando el himno cuando se cortó la señal y nos perdimos TODO el discurso del presidente Monson cuando anunció los templos y todo. Volvió la señal después de eso asique me dolió un poco el corazón, pero la vida sigue. Pero la conferencia estuvo tan buena, tantas respuestas a tantas oraciones. Realmente recomiendo mirar la conferencia no importa la religión.

Yo siempre pensé que acá hacía mucho calor, pero esta semana experimenté un tipo diferente de calor y literalmente pensé que me moría. Estaba en shock del calor que hacía. Ustedes no comprenden. Y dicen que Semana Santa que es la semana que viene es la más calurosa del año. Asique me voy a morir.

¡Pero me estoy divirtiendo mucho! Esta semana nos estamos preparando para el bautismo de Yolis. Los cambios son la próxima semana asique el lunes tendré una nueva compañera.

Hoy no tengo mucho tiempo y me gustaría hablarles de cada discurso de la conferencia, ¡pero lo mejor es que los escuchen/lean!

¡Amo el evangelio! Todos son bienvenidos a venir a Cristo. Por medio de Él es cómo encontramos la verdadera felicidad. Por Él es que podemos regresar a vivir con nuestro Padre Celestial y vivir con nuestra familia por siempre.

¡Espero que tengan una excelente semana! Amo tanto estar acá y no cambiaría morir en el calor por nada.

Hermana Cortez









No comments:

Post a Comment