Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Two Months, But Who's Counting

This week was different to the other weeks. I felt an earthquake and it just felt like I was on a roller coaster hahaha. Terrible to say that, but it is fine.

We had transfers this week and our whole zone was transferred except my companion and me.

I also just wanted to share something else that happened this week. So after dinner we came back home and I decided like the always hungry person I am that I’m going to make myself a Maruchan (Ramen Noodles) soup. SO, I put water to boil, went to write in my diary and change clothes, came back and saw my water was ready and was boiling. So like the smart person I am I grabbed the pot of boiling water in one hand and the cup of Maruchan in the other and went to the sink so it wouldn’t spill anywhere. And as I started to pour the boiling water I got a tiny bit on my hand which caused me to drop the cup and pour the rest of the boiling water on my entire hand! So I screamed and my companion thought I was screaming because I saw a rat so she did nothing. But after I kept screaming she realized it was something else. Anyway, I kept my hand in cold water but the pain was just getting worse and worse. The nurse basically said there was nothing I can do except keep it in water. So I kept it in water, but even in the water it hurt. Then after about two hours or so I couldn’t stand the pain anymore (and at this point we had no more ice cold water) so it was suggested by the nurse’s husband, Elder Lee, that we call the Elders to come give me a blessing. So we called the zone leaders and they said they were on their way, but called back and said since it’s so late there is no transportation, they were going to call the elders closer to us to come. So, at 11:30 at night the elders got a ride from the police (yeah, I don’t know) and came and gave me a blessing. Shortly after they left my hand wasn’t in so much pain and I was able to go to sleep. I know with all my heart that if those Elders wouldn’t have come and given me a worthy blessing, I never would have slept that night and the pain would have lasted lots longer. I am grateful for them, for being worthy to give that blessing and for their example. But overall, I am grateful for my Savior that already felt all of our pains and sorrows and knows exactly what we are going through and what we’ve been through. HE knows it all and for Him I am grateful. Also, I am grateful for the priesthood on this earth and all the blessings and miracles it brings us.

I love my mission so far and I love the people and work here. There isn’t anywhere else I’d rather be.

Hermana Cortez.

PS: She told me yesterday that the burn was a 2nd degree burn. The nurse gave her stuff to cover it to avoid infection. The burn is still there, but her hand is fine, except her middle finger got blisters and stuff. The nurse checked her when she was in Managua on Sunday and she thinks it shouldn’t leave a scar.

PS2: Have to share something funny after that. Andrea has a photo album and there is one of the grandparents and all the grandkids. So her companion was looking at the photos and when she got to that one she said, “Is that the Primary kids?” hahahahaha.

(español después de las fotos)

Playing ball with kids on the street







(Grandparents and grandkids/Abuelos y nietos)


***
Dos meses ya, pero quién está contando

Esta semana fue diferente a las otras semanas. Sentí un terremoto y fue como estar en una montaña rusa jajaja. Terrible decir eso, pero está bien.

Esta semana tuvimos cambios y toda nuestra zona se cambió menos mi compañera y yo.

Sólo quería compartir algo con ustedes que sucedió esta semana. Después de cenar volvimos a casa y como alguien que siempre tiene hambre decidí hacerme una sopa Maruchan. Entonces, puse agua a hervir, fui a escribir en mi diario y cambiarme la ropa, volví y vi el agua que estaba lista e hirviendo. Entonces como la persona inteligente que soy, agarré la olla con agua hirviendo en una mano y el vaso Maruchan en la otra y fui hasta la pileta/lavabo para que no chorreara. Y cuando comencé aponer el agua hirviendo en la sopa cayó una gotita en mi mano que hizo que tirara el vaso ¡y pusiera el resto del agua hirviendo sobre toda la mano! Entonces grité y mi compañera pensó que yo grité porque vi una rata y no hizo nada. Pero después de que seguí gritando se dio cuenta que era algo más. Puse la mano en agua fría, pero el dolor era más y más. La enfermera me dijo que básicamente no había nada que podía hacer, sólo tenerla bajo agua fría. Entonces la tuve en agua, pero aun así me dolía. Luego después de como dos horas no podía aguantar más el dolor (y aparte ya no teníamos más agua helada), el esposo de la enfermera, Elder Lee, sugirió que llamáramos a los élderes para que me dieran una bendición. Llamamos a los líderes de zona y dijeron que ya venían, pero llamaron otra vez para decir que porque era tan tarde no había transportación, que iban a llamar a los élderes que vivían más cerca de nosotros. Entonces, a las 11:30 de la noche los élderes consiguieron que la policía los trajera (sí, no sé) y vinieron y me dieron una bendición. Poco después de que se fueron, mi mano ya no me dolía tanto y pude dormir. Yo sé con todo mi corazón que si esos élderes no hubiesen venido a darme una bendición digna, nunca hubiese dormido esa noche y el dolor hubiese durado mucho más. Estoy agradecida por ellos, porque son dignos de dar esa bendición y por su ejemplo. Pero más que nada, estoy agradecida por mi Salvador que ya sintió todos nuestros dolores y pesares y sabe exactamente por lo que estamos pasando y hemos pasado. Él lo conoce todo y estoy agradecida por Él. También, estoy agradecida por el sacerdocio en esta tierra, y por todas las bendiciones y milagros que nos brinda.

Amo mi misión hasta ahora y amo la gente y la obra aquí. No hay ningún otro lugar donde quisiera estar.

Hermana Cortez.

PD: Andrea ayer me dijo que era una quemadura de Segundo grado. La enfermera le dio para cubrirla para evitar infección. La quemadura está ahí, pero su mano está bien, con excepción del dedo del medio que tiene ampollas y cosas así. La enfermera la revisó el domingo cuando Andrea estuvo en Managua y dijo que cree que no le va a quedar cicatriz.


PD2: Después de esa historia tengo que compartir algo chistoso. Andrea llevó un álbum con fotos de la familia y hay una de los abuelos con todos sus nietos. Un día su compañera estaba viendo las fotos y cuando vio esa le preguntó a Andrea ‘¿esos son los niños de la Primaria de la Iglesia?’ jajajaja.

No comments:

Post a Comment