Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Multi-Mission Conference

Every time I sit down to write I forget everything that has happened this week.

This week we had interviews with the president. That was fine, it took the entire day, but it’s ok. My mission president is really funny.

On Saturday we had the baptisms of Daniela and Ronaldo and they are the coolest kids. The baptism only started 20 minutes late so yay! And it was so spiritual and you could feel the love the ward has for these two kids. They’ve been attending seminary at 5am for weeks before they were even baptized. They are so special and are always trying to do the right thing.

My Portuguese is not progressing very much sadly but hopefully this week it will.

Tomorrow, (Tuesday), we have a multi-mission conference with Elder Rasband and both South and North missions will be in Managua. I have to be at the park (a 20 minute walk) at 3:30am!!!! It should be a good time.

Oh, how could I forget: the heat is trying to kill me basically. I don’t understand how it can be this hot. But it’s ok because everyone tells me it just gets worse! Hahahaha

Well, anyway I love being here and love the people I meet every day.

Tell the family as in my cousins, aunts and uncles that I love them! And family reunion here sometime in the future.

Thanks for all the love and support. Love you! Happy Valentine’s Day!

Hermana Cortez

(español después de las fotos)









Cada vez que me siento a escribir me olvido todo lo que pasó esta semana.

Esta semana tuvimos entrevistas con el presidente. Estuvo bien, tomó todo el día, pero está bien. Mi presidente de misión es muy chistoso.

El sábado tuvimos los bautismos de Daniela y Ronaldo, y son los mejores chicos. El bautismo empezó sólo 20 minutos tarde. Fue tan espiritual y se podía sentir el amor del barrio por estos dos jóvenes. Ellos han estado asistiendo a seminario a las 5 de la mañana por semanas antes de bautizarse. Son tan especiales y siempre tratan de hacer lo correcto.

Es una lástima, pero mi portugués no está progresando mucho, espero que esta semana mejore.

Mañana (martes) tenemos una conferencia multi-misión con el Elder Rasband, y las dos misiones (norte y sur) vamos a estar en Managua. ¡Tengo que estar en el parque (una caminata de 20 minutos) a las 3:30 de la mañana! Seguro va a ser genial.

Oh, cómo me puedo olvidar: ¡básicamente el calor me está tratando de matar! No entiendo cómo puede hacer tanto calor. Pero no importa, me dicen que se va a poner peor jajajaja.

Bueno, amo estar acá y a la gente que conozco cada día.

¡Dile a la familia, o sea mis primos, tías, tíos que los quiero mucho! Y vamos a tener que hacer una reunión familiar acá algún día.

Gracias por todo el amor y apoyo. ¡Los quiero! ¡Feliz día de San Valentín!

Hermana Cortez

No comments:

Post a Comment