Sunday, November 12, 2017

10 Months

Monday, October 30, 2017

This week I hit a year since my call came and 10 months on the mission. So I'm going to share 10 things about Puerto Cabezas.

1. Every Friday night at 7:00pm we speak on the radio about Jesus and stuff, and it's actually pretty fun.
2. Here in Puerto it's culture to eat turtles. They eat the meat of the turtle and there are tables with it on corners where they sell them. I don't know if I have eaten it yet. I believe I haven't, but I never ask what I'm eating so.
3. The other night we listened to a man tell us for about an hour that we need to stop wearing pants because wearing pants is not a christian thing to do and no one will receive us if we're wearing pants. And basically that I'm going to hell if I'm wearing pants. But after we left we were able to get permission for Chino to get baptized the next day.
4. This change we had a sister we were teaching and she was super positive and super pumped for her baptism and the only thing that she needed was to get married. So we talked with her husband to get baptized and he was like we already got married and baptized in that church two years ago. And so that was super happy and confusing because she already is baptized, but like no wonder she was progressing so well. hahahaha we thought that was kind of a good laugh.
5. One pday (preparation day), as a zone we went to Tuapi and play there. It is a place by the river and it is super beautiful.
6. Here they speak a dialect called miskito and I am progressing in learning it, but one day I will I am going to learn it.
7. Every time someone gives us coconut to eat it stains my clothes, so they are all ruined. But it's ok.
8. Also here there are chiggers and it is the worse seriously. I have like 20 on me and I have to put alcohol all over so they die. But it will pass.
9. This month as a zone we were able to break the record for most baptisms so tomorrow the whole zone is going to Mission home to eat dinner. It is a 17-hour bus ride, but it'll be fine. hahaha
10. But the best part about serving here is the spirit I have felt when I testify of Jesus. I feel it. I know it. And it's one of the best parts of what I do.

I love where I am and I love what I am doing.

Love you all and thank you for everything you've done for me. Aisabe.

Hermana Cortez

*****

Lunes 30 de octubre de 2017

Esta semana hace un año que recibí mi llamamiento y 10 meses que estoy en la misión. Entonces les voy a compartir 10 cosas acerca de Puerto Cabezas.

1. Todos los viernes a las 7 de la noche hablamos en la radio acerca de Jesús y cosas así y en verdad que es medio divertido.
2. Acá en Puerto Cabezas es cultura comer tortugas. Comen la carne de la tortuga y hay mesas en las esquinas donde las venden. No sé si ya he comido tortuga. No creo, pero como no pregunto qué me dan de comer no sé.
3. La otra noche como por una hora escuchamos a un hombre decirnos que teníamos que dejar de usar pantalones porque eso no es cristiano y que nadie nos iba a recibir si usábamos pantalones. Y básicamente que me voy a ir al infierno por usar pantalones. Pero después que nos fuimos pudimos tener permiso para bautizar a Chino al siguiente día.
4. Este cambio había una hermana que estábamos enseñando y ella estaba súper positiva y emocionada para su bautismo y lo único que le faltaba era casarse. Entonces hablamos con su esposo para que se bautizara y él dijo hace como dos años que nos casamos y bautizamos en esa iglesia. Y estábamos súper felices y confusas porque por eso estaba progresando tan bien. Jajaja esto nos hizo reír.
5. Un día de preparación pudimos ir como zona a Tuapi y jugar ahí. Es un lugar junto al río y está súper bonito.
6. Aquí hablan un dialecto que se llama miskito y ahí voy progresando en mi estudio de idioma. Pero algún día voy a aprender.
7. Siempre que nos regalan coco para comer mancha mi ropa y toda mi ropa está arruinada. Pero está bien.
8. Aquí hay chiggeers y es lo peor en verdad. Tengo como 20 en mi cuerpo y tengo que ponerme alcohol para que mueran. Pero ya va a pasar.
9. Como zona este mes rompimos el récord para más bautismos entonces mañana vamos a la casa de la misión a cenar. Es un viaje de 17 horas en autobús, pero está bien. Jajaja.
10. Pero la mejor parte de servir acá es el espíritu que siento cuando testifico de Jesús. Lo siento. Lo sé. Y es la mejor parte de lo que hago.

Amo donde estoy y lo que estoy haciendo.

Los amo a todos y gracias por todo lo que han hecho por mí. Aisabe.


Hermana Cortez.













No comments:

Post a Comment